Monday, April 1, 2013

Arrival at Puente la Reina - after plenty of rain

The way out of Pamplona was well marked. I was able to follow the silver discs to the edge of the city. It was a wet day although the sun did come out to shine from time to time. The trail is easy to find and follow. It varies from gravel to paved roads. However, there was one terribly muddy section on the way to the top of Alto del Pardon (Hill of Forgiveness). The mud was like clay and people slipped and some even fell.

At the top were wind turbines and there is a sculpture of pilgrims making the journey. From here the rest of the day was basically downhill. There was a nice Albergue in Uterga where I stopped for lunch and a break. The sun came out there long enough to dry out a bit and enjoy its warmth. Then it was on to Obanos where the streets have brass colored conch shells in the streets marking the way. At a church almost at the edge of town, I was able to sit out a thunder storm that included hail.

I have attached a few pictures to give the flavor of the day. My favorite is of the shoes stacked on shelves outside the Albergue where I am staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment