Thursday, April 4, 2013

Viana

The day started with rain. Within a few hours the sun broke through the clouds and it stayed that way - partly cloudy with extended periods of sunshine - until I arrived in Viana. The walk today was on good paths and the terrain was rolling up and down a bit with some short uphill pushes. I've checked into the Albergue and am at a small cafe on the main plaza. Once again I am taking some time to enjoy vino tinto!

Tomorrow should find me in Logrono. That would leave me about 23 days of walking to get to Santiago de Compostela. My plan is to arrive the first weekend in May. That means I will have a few extra days to use to stop here and there along the way as I wish.

Today is also the first day I have arrived and felt energetic enough to wander around and see the town I am in a bit more than just what I would see along the Camino path. In general, for the last few nights I have been getting to the place I will stay for the night and then just staying there to rest and get ready for the next day.

Attached are a few pictures of the day to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment