Wednesday, April 3, 2013

To Los Arcos and the dry wine fountain on the way

I have to admit that I was disappointed that the Bodegas Irache wine fountain was dry when I passed by in mid-morning. I was looking forward to a refreshing drink of their Spanish regional red wine. Luckily for me, there was some good Monjardin regional red wine to be tasted when I stopped at Villamayor de Monjardin for a light lunch some time later in the day.

Overall, it was a sunny day and nice for walking. Some pictures are attached. The first part of the morning was spent under trees in a forest and the afternoon in open agricultural country. The trail was well marked and dry. It was nice not to have to tramp through extended sections of thick mud or along the paved road for a change.

I also had time as I walked to chat with people I have met over the past few days along the way. These included a Spanish father and son, two South Korean women and two German women. Familiar faces are beginning to show up as I walk. I have heard this would happen and it is.

Depending on the weather, I am not sure where I will end up tomorrow. The rain is supposed to return with a vengeance so I may make it a short day and only walk for the morning. My overall plan is to be in Logroño on Friday and that appears to be on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment