Saturday, April 27, 2013

O'Cebreiro

Today was uphill all the Way. And then there was the snow...

The weather took an unusual change and became colder. That meant rain and snow at the higher altitudes that I passed through on my way to O'Cebreiro. This is the first stop in Galicia and I celebrated with a warm bowl of the regional soup "Caldo Galicia" after I arrived.

The town I am in has some interesting structures with Celtic origins. They are round stone buildings with thatch roofs. This town also has a memorial to the priest who promoted the preservation of the Camino de Santiago and came up with the idea for using the yellow arrows to show the direction of the path.

Regardless of the snow, it is spring and the fruit trees are flowering. Tomorrow I will lose all the altitude I gained today. The walk down may also be in snow and rain. After that, it will be only six more days to Santiago de Compostela!

No comments:

Post a Comment